I’m working on a Sociology question and need guidance to help me study.
- Read Chapter 11, Stratification by Gender and Sexuality, in the textbook. No outside/web sources, please.
- Attend the Week 3 Keiser Live! session or review the recording.
- Review the Purdue OWL for instructions and examples of formatting in text citations and references as these are required. In text citations go in the paragraph and the reference list is located after the Word Count at the end of your paper.
- Your essay should be at least 250 words and include a Word Count. Please proof read/edit.
- Save your essay as a Word document and upload it to “2. Assignment Submission” in the Week 3 Journal portal.
Sociologists describe gender roles as learned patterns of behavior that a society expects of men and women. In other words, what we know as masculinity is a set of qualities that we expect to find in a typical man and femininity a set of qualities we expect to find in a typical woman. Increasingly we are becoming aware that there may not be only one typical package of qualities that make up being female or male. Some sociologists prefer to speak of the “performance of gender” since more and more men and women are performing roles once considered the domain of the other gender.
Please present your response in paragraphs with clear sentences, proper spelling, grammar, sentence structure, tense agreement, etc. You will be graded on both content (did you respond to each prompt and provide a citation/reference for the article you found?) and format (have you followed all structural requirements like proper spelling, grammar, sentence structure, tense agreement?)