I don’t understand this English question and need help to study.
please just need someone to answer this question thoughtfully and fast.
1.[This question is worth 15 points] Interpret the following passage from “The Yellow Wall-paper” (written by Charlotte Perkins Gilman in 1888) from the perspective of feminist criticism:
“John is practical in the extreme. He has no patience with faith, an intense horror of superstition, and he scoffs openly at any talk of things not to be felt and seen and put down in figures.
John is a physician, and perhaps – (I would not say it to a living soul, of course, but this is dead paper and a great relief to my mind – ) perhaps that is one reason I do not get well faster.”
2. Choose two theories from among those we have studied this semester (other than feminist theory) and describe the various ways they approach textual criticism. As you do this, also compare and contrast each theory according to the following items that are relevant (in addition to any other points of similarity or contrast you wish to address):
- The importance of the author (his/her identity, character, gender, politics, intent, other works, etc.).
- The importance of the context of the text’s production (historical, cultural, political, ideological, etc.).
- The importance of the time period in which a text is read (the nature of the readers, the ideologies of the time, the ‘use’ of the text culturally/politically, etc.).
- The importance of the primary text itself as a whole (it’s themes, patterns, motifs, images, etc.).
- The importance of the specific language of the primary text in its parts (as opposed to the whole).
- The importance of the primary text as a work of art and expression of humanity and the human condition.
Your essay should be organised and well-written and should be approximately 500 words.