I need an explanation for this Writing question to help me study.
You will conduct a formal interview with a professional in a licensed childcare setting. This can be a teacher or an administrator. After you have interviewed your professional, you will write a 3-6 page typed (single space, one blank line after each interviewee answer) interview summary.
- How does your facility ensure that staff and families know and understand your health policies?
- What criteria is used to decide if a child’s illness should exclude them from care temporarily?
- What is the process for addressing a safety concern at this facility?
- What type of emergency drills are practiced at this facility? How often?
- Does this facility provide care for infants? If so what special healthy and safety considerations must be made to care for them?
- Are meals prepared at this facility? Who is responsible for ensuring that they meet nutritional standards?
- What is the process for addressing food sensitivities and allergies?
- Are there ways for families to be involved in the program? Are parent’s ideas welcomed?
- Does the program accept children who are not yet walking or toilet-trained?
- Are therapeutic and/or support services such as OT, PT and Speech Therapy welcomed and provided on-site?
- Is there someone at this facility available to provide resources to families who are experiencing stress or trauma?
- Do staff who work with children themselves receive positive support? How?
- When or if it becomes necessary to report suspected abuse or neglect to child protective services what is the process this facility follows?
- 1-inch margins, 12 pt font
- Provide a specific title for the interview summary
- The introduction will “set the stage” by explaining the Who? Why? Where? When? What? Purpose?
- Use a Question/Answer format for the body of the interview (perhaps use last names)
- End with a reflection/conclusion in your own words
- Number pages
Introduction (single spaced)
Anagnos (Q): Please tell me your exact job title and provide a general description of your job duties.
Jones (A): I am a teacher at ABC Childcare and I …..
Anagnos (Q): What is the process for addressing a safety concern at this facility?
Anagnos (Q): How does your facility ensure that staff and families know and understand your health policies?
Conclusion (single spaced)
In your introduction explain the Who? Why? Where? When? What? Purpose? Tell your reader who the interviewee is and a little about his or her company. What is the purpose of the interview? Why did you select this person? How did you meet him or her? Where did you conduct the interview, and how long did it take? You don’t have to provide the information in this order, but try to be complete as you “set the stage.”
In the conclusion, sum up the main points of the interview and reflect on what you learned.