I’m stuck on a Social Science question and need an explanation.
- Chapter 14 in Critical thinking: Tools for taking charge of your learning and your life (3rd ed.).
- Lau, J., & Chan, J. (2017). Values: Tutorials 1-10. Retrieved from http://philosophy.hku.hk/think/value/
- Norenzayan, A. (2014). Does religion make people moral? Behaviour, 151(2/3), 365-384. doi:10.1163/1568539X-00003139
- Salin, A., Saiful, A., Manan, A., Khadijah, S., Kamaluddin, N., & Nawawi, A. (2017). The role of Islamic ethics to prevent corporate fraud. International Journal of Business & Society, 18(S1), 113-128.
- Gibson, P. (2008). Teaching ethical decision making: Designing a personal value portrait to ignite creativity and promote personal engagement in case method analysis. Ethics & Behavior, 18(4), 340-352. doi:10.1080/10508420701713022
- Musschenga, A. (2009). Moral intuitions, moral expertise and moral reasoning. Journal of Philosophy of Education, 43(4), 597-613. doi:10.1111/j.1467-9752.2009.00707.x
- Sen, A. (2012). The global reach of human rights. Journal of Applied Philosophy, 29(2), 91-100. doi:10.1111/j.1468-5930.2012.00555.x
Select one of the following questions to answer
1) How might reasoning processes be used to achieve unethical goals? What examples of this have you witnessed in your personal or professional lives?
2) Paul and Elder (2012) argue that ethical values are universal in nature. Why? Do you agree with their assessment here?
3) How do you assess religious ideals as a source of value and ethics? How would Salin, Saiful, Manan, Khadijah, Kamaluddin, & Nawawi (2017) argue for specific types of religious ethics as a means to think critically? Why might Norenzayan (2014) challenge their thinking?
Requirements for Discussion Boards
- Use the required readings to analyze and engage the discussion board questions.
- Your initial post should be roughly 200 words (plus or minus 10%). Each subsequent post should be 100 words (plus or minus 10%).
- Include one or two scholarly sources that are not required or recommended for the HUM 101 course. The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these sources.
- Format your discussion, including all in-text citations and references, according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.)
- Each discussion board post (including follow-up posts) should include scholarly citations and references.