I don’t understand this Business Law question and need help to study.
- The Federal Communication Commission (FCC) has the authority to regulate the internet. After gathering information and reviewing data and hearing from experts it has announced in Decmber 2017 that it will void the “net neutrality” FCC regulations put in place during the Obama Administration. Do research on this issue called “net neutrality” on the internet to understand the arguments for/against this action. Many business and individuals are upset about this new administrative action because it was rapidly done and there are allegations of “fake” comments posted to the FCC website during the notice/comment period by stolen identities (as if they were public comments in support of the FCC’s move to end “net neutraility” but were fake persons posting these comments). How can those with “legal standing” fight back against the FCC’s decision to void the “net neutrality” regulations by using the three branches of the federal government and how these three branches have general controls over agencies, albeit indirectly at times. Explain. (Hint– at least two online video lectures this term explain the controls/checks on the three branches of the federal government has over federal agencies)
How can those with “legal standing” fight back against the FCC’s decision to void the “net neutrality” regulations by using the three branches of the federal government and how these three branches have general controls over agencies, albeit indirectly at times.
2.Using the steps in the “design approach” described in your Text: “The Responsible Administrator: An Approach to Ethics for the Administrative Role” — 6.Edition — 2012 (here is a short video to describe this approach also):Design Approach to Administrative Ethics (Links to an external site.)
to develop an appropriate response to the administrative agency decision:
The Chicago Police Department (CPD), a large municipal administrative agency, has multiple ranks of management officials (Police Chief; Assistant Police Chiefs; Majors; Captains & Lieutenants) who are not part of the union and exercise management of the CPD. Then, there are Sergeants and Line Officers who actually patrol the streets and interact with the public and make the arrests. Both the Sergeants and the Line Officers are unionized.
The police chief of the CPD, has over the years, received many excessive force complaints against its police officers. These allegations are reviewed and investigated by the CPD internal affairs which often concludes with “not sustained” final decision on the complaint/charges (ie. that they cannot conclude one way or another that the force is excessive) as it is often a “he said/she said” type testimony and it is inconclusive as to if excessive force occurred or not.
After many months of studying the use of police “body camera” studies, the police chief has decided to adopt body cameras and make all Sergeants and Line Officers wear them. The public is very happy along with local politicians and community leaders. The Union is not happy at all as they were against the use of this equipment for a number of reasons:
• Body Camera footage only tells part of the story;
• The Police Upper Management does not trust the workers;
• Sergeants and Line Officers are now going to be apprehensive in doing their jobs; &
• The expense of this new equipment should have gone into raises to the rank and file;
You are the Assistant Police Chief of CPD and your job is to now implement the new rule (ie. usage of Body Cameras by all Sergeants and Line Officers. Using the Design Approach, explain all of the steps to this approach and how you would address these steps in your efforts to implement this new Body Camera Program at the CPD (ie. Explain your answer using the steps in the design approach and itemize each of these elements and apply them to these facts. )
Explain your answer using the steps in the design approach and itemize each of these elements and apply them to these facts.