I don’t understand this Psychology question and need help to study.
Diverse Populations: Socio-cultural Context
Listen: to This American Life Episode 296: After The Flood (September 9, 2005) 60 min http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/296/after-the-flood
~ Try listening while driving, cooking, folding laundry or doing other household tasks if you find it difficult to listen without visual input J
Reflect on the following:
- What “Act” stuck out to you the most? Why?
- What would you find the most challenging as someone involved in Emergency Management or as part of a Recovery team?
- How might these experiences have been better Prevented?
- What can we do to build more resilient communities BEFORE a disaster strikes so the impact of such a disaster is lessened?
- What must be done AFTER a disaster in this context to build community recovery and resilience?