I’m studying for my Business class and need an explanation.
Analyze and apply the Capsim Mini-Case Study entitled “R&D.” (Important: Always click the Capsim button to access Capsim). To access Capsim case studies, click “eText and Cases” from the left navigation menu, as shown below:
Your Capsim company makes electronic sensors. You are fortunate because you have information on your customers’ performance requirements and how they may shift with time. Not many companies have that advantage. Address the following in your paper:
- Explain how your team has used research and development (R&D) to avoid creating a product too far ahead of its time, or a product that lags behind market requirements.
- Explain why your team chose either a single product strategy or a multiple product offering.
- How could a balanced scorecard-style dashboard be used to benefit your R&D team and company leadership?
- What lessons have you learned from your Capsim experience that would allow you to more effectively use R&D in the future?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 5-6 pages in length, excluding the title and references pages.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. (Links to an external site.)
- In addition to course resources, use the CSU-Global Library to find three additional resources to support the position you take.
Be sure to check out the CSU-Global Online Research and Writing Lab (Links to an external site.). Here you can find:
- Writing considerations and tips
- Writing resources
- Sample papers
- An APA Template (Links to an external site.) for writing assignments.